Wednesday, July 25, 2007

date night

wednesday nights are date night. we started that when i moved out here, while we were still engaged. we decided to continue that 'tradition' even after we got married. we trade off who plans the date so neither of us bears the weight of the responsibility. last week was shawn's week. we went mini-golfing, had dinner at the clubhouse (the mini-golf is a part of a golf course), then hit the hot tub at our apartment complex. very nice.
this week...baseball. we went to a giants/braves game here in sfo. we were hoping to see bonds tie the record for most home runs, but alas, they didn't even start him (something about going into 13 innings the night before; sissy). so anyway, we only were able to get standing room only tickets because of the hype only to find no hype really since he wasn't even playing. but it was a great game and the giants actually won and we found seats about half-way through the game. AND my great husband bought me garlic fries (gilroy garlic fries no less) AND later on when it was chilly cause we were sitting in the bleachers, he bought me some hot chocolate. the best hot chocolate i've ever had...ghirardelli (go figure). Yum-my.
fun times. i like date night. it's a good idea...and most of the time great fun...

i thought earlier today of something else about which to brag on my husband, but now that i've sat down to type, it's escaped me. so sad...buying me the best hot chocolate i've ever had is reason enough to make him the best husband ever.

it's past my bedtime...and i have to get to sleep before shawn starts snoring or else is hard for me to get to sleep at all...

3 comments:

bettercountry said...

Tell him to bring you to Paris, and I'll send you to Angelina's...and she'll top that hot chocolate!

Sounds like a fun date. I was beginning to wonder what a date looks like...thanks for helping me remember. HA.

Pete and Kimberly said...

Yo yo Lo lo, so sweeeeet! Love it! Hey I have an idea. If you start packaging some of that sweet lovey syrup and sell it you could be both rich and happy! Hee hee

MMA Lady said...

Ya'll are cute newlyweds. Love you both. :o)