Monday, April 14, 2008

dessert

so maybe one day shawn will write about the Good Friday service. Until then, I'll continue blogging.

tonight, we were waiting for dinner to cook (Shawn was cooking; I was catching up on things). I said I wanted to have dessert.

Shawn said, "you should've gotten some when we went to the grocery store yesterday."*

So I said (in response to him saying I should've gotten dessert at the grocery store), "I felt guilty about wanting to buy dessert because you were there." He, in turn, says, "I really wanted you to buy dessert."

Seems we've still got a ways to go on the communication thing.

*(since we've been married, Shawn's gone to the grocery store by himself. We tried twice, when we were first married, to go together, but it didn't work out. BUT the past two Sundays, we've gone together. And we made it. And it was good times both times! Sunday mornings seem to work. It frees up a night and we still have the rest of Sunday for such things as tennis, running errands, taking naps, and going to church in the evening.)

2 comments:

bettercountry said...

Please help the single girl understand why going together is difficult?

MMA Lady said...

Trust me, soj, it really is. It really, really is.
Loren, ya'll could make some home-made dessert next time. If I recall, you have at least ONE cookbook, right?
Miss you, girl. I love reading both blogs.