Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Possibility

Recently I wrote a poem to encourage my sense of hope. Since then I've shared it with friends and many have given me back a sense of joy and renewed purpose in writing. Go slow and read it twice - hope you enjoy it. - Shawn

Possibility
by Shawn Latourelle



Early in the morn
when the birds are waking
the light on the water
dawns first

The silhouette of the trees
Is still dark
Waters glow with fore light
In the pre-dawn silence

Here
Is where possibility waits
Along with the sun
(not hurried but coming)

Yet when the sun climbs over the horizon
Potential is born
And its beauty is blinding

Brighter than my eyes can stand

Larger than my heart can contain

Longer than my past can overcome

Is the Vast desire of Hope

Freely released in each new Day

1 comment:

Pete and Kimberly said...

What a nice poem, Shawn. It brings out the optimism of each day's dawn. It's very modern, too, not like a structured sonnet or something stuffy like that. Very hip. --Pete